Cigar Assessor

Cigar Assessor

Friday, March 21, 2014

San Lotano The Bull


Size: 5 X 54

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Nicaraguan



Hanging at a great cigar lounge called ShamLux during an Alec Bradley Event, I was talking to a cool guy, Clay Roberts the West Coast Rep for San Lotano. After chatting for awhile, he tells me about The Bull and has some sticks sent to me. Being a fan of AJ Fernandez cigars I am excited when I received the package in the mail. The cigar comes wrapper in cedar with a bull's head branded on the cedar. The foot has a black ribbon around it and the cigar band is the one on all the San Lotano line.

This box pressed, dark brown cigar has very small veins if any in the wrapper. Very well constructed and it's very hard to find the seams. The cedar wrap and ribbon slipped off very easy. I smelled dark chocolate and hay from the foot and sweet barnyard from the stick. I clipped the cap very easy with my Colibri Slice cutter and took a nice dry open draw of chocolate and cinnamon. Then a bit of spice. I toasted the foot with my Colibri Enterprise II double torch flame lighter. The first few puffs of sweetness are a nice start. The smoke starts off full. I then tasted a mild cedar. Leather and espresso rounded off the first section of this cigar. So far, so good.







I tapped off the nice dense grey ash before the second section so it didn't fall on me while I was driving. The smoke is full and creamy and I tasted hints sweetness and white pepper. The smoke still full and the ash fell during this section and burned my hand. (See the video for a laugh.) The nice band came off without incident. No tearing, cracks, glue or defects underneath.





 
Notes of leather, white pepper and sweetness round off the last third of this cigar. The full creamy smoke continued and the burn was even.






Another very tasty cigar by AJ Fernandez and it is a Cigar Assessor Approved Cigar. If you get a chance to smoke one of these, you should. You'll be glad you did. Thanks again, Clay Roberts!

Video Review







No comments:

Post a Comment