Cigar Assessor

Cigar Assessor

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Liga Privada No.9 Robusto



Size: 5 X 52
 

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
 

Binder: Brazilian
 

Filler: Honduran and Dominican
 

Yesterday, I received my order of cigars from my friends at Tampa Humidor which included the Liga Privada #9 Robustos. I been hearing many good things about these cigars and will finally be able to put one to the test.

I set up shop in the carport section of the apartment building I reside, set my camera on video so I can video this review and turn on the jazzradio app on my smartphone and click on the Paris Cafe tab to get the tunes going. On this 60 degree overcast evening, I pour some Talisker Distillers Edition single malt scotch into a glass neat to accompany this cigar event.
 

This dark chocolate cigar with minimal veinage comes bareback. I smell cocoa from the foot and chocolate from body of this stick. The construction is very nice on this cigar. It has a humble white band and the name looks hand written on it. There is a small section on the band with the logo and number nine in silver against a black background. The logo reminds me of the Lowenbrau beer logo.
 

 

I clip the cap with my cutter and take a dry draw of cocoa and a bit of spice. The draw is a bit tighter then I’m use to but not bad. I toast the foot and get wood notes and pepper spice. The smoke is full. I taste toast, nutmeg and leather notes in this first third.


 
 











The second third and the grey ash with streaks of black is holding onto its form and even burn. The smoke is still full and creamy. I taste notes of wood, pepper, sweetness and salt. Hints of cocoa also pop in around the halfway point. The draw opened up in this section and was very smooth.



 

The long ash fell after almost making it to the band.









The last section and the burn remains even, the smoke is still kicking full and creamy and the flavor notes I experience are roasted coffee and cocoa.




 

This was a very enjoyable smoke and it does live up to the hype in my opinion. I have a couple more in my humidor and will be enjoying the next one without my pad and camera.
 
 
Robert Anthony Meyers
 
 
The video review.
 

4 comments:

  1. Great review brother. I am happy you were finally able to smoke one of these and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave one to brother Armond tonight and he also loved it.

      Delete
  2. Great review man. There is one thing that is consistent about reviews of this cigar. Everyone gets a great ash and everyone loves this cigar. I think they definitely live up to the hype for sure.

    ReplyDelete