Cigar Assessor

Cigar Assessor

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Romeo y Julieta Romeo Robusto


Size: 5 x 54

Wrapper: “Select” Dark Ecuadoran Habano

Binder: Dominican Olor

Filler: Dominican Piloto and Olor

 

Today is the first day of spring and the weather is sunny and a fine 65 degrees. What could be a better accompaniment to this nice day? A fine cigar and drink of Italian Roast iced coffee. I grab a Romeo y Julieta Romeo Robusto from my humidor and head off to the side stoop so the kids can play. Today, I also decided to try recording the session from my laptop as an experiment which prevented me from playing music.
 

The cigar is a nice chocolate brown in color with not many veins. I pull it out of the wrapper and smell chocolate from the foot and a sweet and a barnyard smell from the stick. The band is unique with way they spell Romeo out on it, red background with gold letters beneath white letters and gold lines boarding the outside of the band. I clip the cap and take an open smooth dry draw of hay and cinnamon stick.
 

I toast the foot with a wooden match and touch it up with my Lotus torch lighter due to a light wind. Notes of wood and nuts are present in the flavor along with roasted coffee and cedar that finish out the first third. The white smoke is full and creamy. The burn becomes slightly uneven.

 
The second third of this smoke and the smoke is still kicking on full. Leather and a mild spice dominate this section with an occasional tangy note hitting the back of my mouth.
 
 
  
The uneven burn reminds me of the tracks of a roller coaster and the nice grey ash with spots of black holds strong in its form and doesn’t fall until the halfway point.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
During the last third of this stick, a sweet fruitiness changes to notes of cedar and light pepper as I smoke on. The burn is almost even at this point and the white smoke is still pumping full. I smoke this cigar until I feel the heat on my lips.



 

I’m not surprised that this cigar is a very nice smoke. I can’t ever remember having a bad Romeo y Julieta cigar. I look forward to smoking another in the near future.
 
 
 
 
Robert Anthony Meyers

1 comment:

  1. -"UPDATE"- Smoked the Romeo Churchill a couple days ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete