Cigar Assessor

Cigar Assessor

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Blend Robusto


Size: 5 X 50

Wrapper: Nicaraguan

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Nicaraguan




Today was a day to smoke one of the cigars from my Father's Day present of Alec Bradley Cigars. I received a box of Alec Bradley Nica Puro Toros and a 5 cigar Alec Bradley sampler came along with it. I chose the American Sun Grown Blend Robusto to smoke and review. I will be paring this cigar up with some Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Coconut Caramel bar and Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Vanilla Cream Beer (Non-Alcoholic.)

This beautiful dark brown cigar was well-constructed and minimally veined. The band on this cigar is a piece of artwork and a pleasure to look at. I smelled dark cherry from the foot and sweet barnyard and cherry from the stick. I clipped the cap and took a dry draw of cinnamon. I toasted the foot and got a nice open draw of cedar and full creamy smoke. Later in this third, I tasted hints of coffee, espresso and sweetness along with the cedar flavor. The burn was almost even and the nice light and dark dense grey ash held on during this section.


















The burn was burning a little uneven into the second third and needed a slight touch up. The grey ash held on for almost all of this section. I tasted cedar, wood and coffee notes as the white creamy smoke continued to pump out full. It was in this third that I paired up the Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Coconut Caramel bar and it was very delicious pairing. Mixed with the cigar it gave me a coconut mocha flavor in my mouth.







The last section and I tasted citrus, cocoa and an earthiness. The nice dense ash fell right before this section and the smoke was still kicking out full. The burn still wasn't evening out. However it didn't affect the cigar smoking experience.








This cigar was a very nice bold smoke and the nicotine in this robusto smoke was also bold and left me slightly light headed. Don't smoke this cigar on an empty stomach. Another great smoke from Alec Bradley. If you like a nice bold strong Nicaraguan stick, I would give this one a try. You won't be disappointed. -June 17, 2013







Robert Anthony Meyers
robert@cigarassessor.com

Video Review










3 comments:

  1. Another great review, Robert! Looking to try this one soon. Peace brotha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoy the body on these, they're rich in flavor and aroma and have an impressive depth of taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tex. I've smoked many and intend to smoke more.

      Delete