Cigar Assessor

Cigar Assessor

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Edgar Hoill EH Cultura


Size: 4 1/2 x 38 x 54

Wrapper: Nicaraguan

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Nicaraguan






I decided my next review would be another Edgar Hoill EH cigar. He has only one line but three cigar sizes. The Vida, Cultura and Pasion. I reviewed the Pasion earlier (May 2) and today, I reviewed the Cultura. I paired this cigar with Talisker Distiller's Edition, 12 year single malt scotch.

Sitting by the pool listening to some Paris Cafe on jazzradio.com, I slipped this cigar from it's spiderweb designed white paper. I sniffed the foot and smelled hay and sweet barnyard from the stick. This well constructed dark brown stick had minimal veins. The ring gage slopes up from 38 from the cap to 54 at the foot. I clipped the cap and got a strong spice from my first open draw and then I tasted hay. I lit the foot and tasted strong cedar and then cocoa from the full white smoke. Later on I tasted nutty notes.

















The nice dense grey ash with a couple spots of black held on until about half way and then it fell. The smoke was still kicking full and the burn was a little uneven. The uneven burn could be due to a mild breeze on this 74 degree overcast day. I tasted notes of cinnamon, nuts and a sweetness.





During the last part of this cigar, there were hints of leather, nuts and sweetness.  The smoke was still pumping out full and white and the ash fell again during this section. I smoked this cigar until I couldn't hold it anymore.



This artisan cigar was a pleasure to smoke. If you are able to get this nice bold Nicaraguan cigar, you should get a few.You won't be disappointed.

Edgar Hoill & Robert Anthony Meyers
robert@cigarassessor.com




No comments:

Post a Comment